Computer simulation of condensed matter
Basic course given by Sandro Sorella
Start: 03-10-2018 End: 21-12-2018 Room: 131
Schedule: Wed 11:00 - 13:30, Thu 8:30 - 11:00
- Overview on probability theory.
- Classical Monte Carlo: Markov chains
- Classical Monte Carlo: Metropolis algorithm, practical implementation
- Classical Langevin molecular dynamics at finite temperature
- Second order Newton and Langevin molecular dynamics
- Hartree and Hartree-Fock approximation
- Correlation effects: Exact diagonalization
Some lectures are held by Federico Becca (Units).