DMFT and beyond: Cluster Methods, DFT+DMFT, diagrammatic expansions
Advanced course given by Massimo Capone
Start: 01-03-2020 End: 23-04-2020 Room: 131
Schedule: Mon 8:30 - 11:00, Thu 8:30 - 11:00
The course introduces the Dynamical Mean-Field Theory, a powerful non-perturbative method to solve models for strongly correlated electrons.
We will derive the method in the limit of infinite coordination and present the picture of the Mott transition.
Tentative list of lectures
- From historical methods to Dynamical Mean-Field Theory: A new view on the correlated electron problem
- How to construct the DMFT: Cavity method
- How to solve DMFT: self-consistency, mapping on impurity models and "impurity" solvers
- The Mott-Hubbard transition in DMFT. Some analytical arguments
- A numerical implementation of DMFT and the Mott transition
- Multiorbital Mott transition: the Hund's coupling, spin-orbit coupling
- Electron-phonon interaction